Your privacy is very important to us. We believe that protecting your privacy is crucial to maintaining a relationship of trust and transparency. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
1. Members. When you enroll for membership to Granito de Arena we collect personal information from you such as your name, user name, photo/avatar and email address. We collect this information in order to identify you and send you notifications related to the use of the service, newsletters, membership updates, etc. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR TRADE OUR MEMBERS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES.
As a member of Granito de Arena, you are invited to post or submit information and materials regarding entities seeking to promote the common good in the Dominican Republic. If you choose to post or submit such information and materials, they shall be accessible to anyone having access to the website.
As a member of Granito de Arena, you are invited to post or submit a Member Comment regarding your first hand experience with an entity seeking to promote the common good in the Dominican Republic. If you choose to post or submit such a Member Comment, the comment and your Username and photo/avatar shall be accessible to anyone having access to the website.
If you would like to cancel your membership in Granito de Arena and/or be removed from our email or newsletter distribution list, please send us an email at: email@example.com.
2. Experts. If you post or submit to Granito de Arena an Expert Review Survey, the biographical information contained in this survey shall be accessible by anyone having access to the website. Any comments that you make in the Expert Review Survey concerning entities seeking to do good in the Dominican Republic shall be displayed on the website on the respective entities’ directory pages in an anonymous fashion.
3. Un-submitted Information. Some information collected is not explicitly submitted by the user or member; we log your browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp. Browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp data help us diagnose problems with our server, administer Granito de Arena and otherwise provide the highest possible level of service to you. In addition, we use this information to perform statistical analyses of user or member behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the website and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users or members that have been exposed to, or clicked on, their advertising. Granito de Arena supplements the general information it provides regarding entities in the Dominican Republic seeking to promote the common good with information and materials obtained from sources other than our members and experts.
5. Data Security. The personal information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through Mysql. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls, to protect your personal information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. Please be aware that we transfer personal information to TM4H Servers and process and store it there. By submitting your personal information, you consent to having your personal information transferred to, processed, and stored in TM4H Servers.
6. Links. This site contains links to other websites. Granito de Arena is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to our website. Although we do not share your personal information with these third party websites, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with personal information they previously collected from you.
Your privacy is very important to us. Due to factors beyond our control, however, we cannot fully ensure that your Information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be legally obligated to disclose Information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access your Personal Information.