- Type: Senior Entity Staff
- Organization: Clínica De Familia La Romana
- Title: Executive Director
- Years of Experience in the field: 20 years
Theme Areas: Children and Youth, Education, Gender, Health
Mina Halpern has served as the Executive Director of Clínica de Familia La Romana since 2011. In this capacity, she has provided overall programmatic and administrative leadership for a non-governmental organization focused on providing health and educational services to vulnerable populations, including people with HIV, sex workers, and adolescents. She has also strengthened strategic partnerships and improved public relations; focused on strengthening the organization’s financial and administrative sustainability; and improved the quality of the programs. Prior to become Executive Director, Ms. Halpern was the clinic´s program coordinator for two years.
Ms. Halpern has worked with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Guyana and overseen HIV-related projects in a number of countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Professional Affiliations and/or Academic Background in Field
• Harvard Business School (Certificate in Managing Healthcare Delivery), 2013.
• University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine (Master of Public Health, with certificates in global health and HIV), 2006.
• Wesleyan University (Bachelor of Arts, major: Government), 2003.