Congregación Religiosa Siervas de María, Ministras de los Enfermos (SM)
- Legal Name: Congregación Religiosa Siervas de María, Ministras de los Enfermos
- Acronym: SM
- Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
- RNC/Tax ID No: 4-01-50749-8
- Geographic Areas: Distrito Nacional, Santo Domingo
- Theme Areas: Children and Youth, Health
- Quantity and Type of Beneficiaries:
140 children served per day in the Dispensary
80 adults served per day in the Dispensary
100 elderly participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Program
Sor Gladys Diaz, Mother Superior
Sor Dayana Marquez, Director
Sor Gloria Gil, Secretary
- Telephone: (809) 565-1789
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calle Gustavo Mejia Ricart, corner of Calle Siervas de Maria, Apartado Postal No. 30023 (Ens. La Fe), Santo Domingo, D.N.
- Social Networks:
- Name: Sor Gladys
- Position: Mother Superior
- Telephone: (809) 565-1789
- Email: email@example.com o firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of Organization: Non-Profit Organization
- International Affiliations:
Congregación Religiosa Siervas de María, Ministras de los Enfermos
- Years of Operation: Since 1969
- Number of Employees: 33 (16 doctors, 2 nurses, 3 bio-analysts)
- Number of Members: N/A
- Number of Volunteers:
- Sources of Funding:
Dominican Ministry of Public Health
Orden de Malta
- Total Income:
- Total Expenses:
The charisma of the Siervas de Maria is crystalized with clarity and precision in the service of God and the Church, through dedication to the care of the sick through effective, free care that also includes in-home care services.
This charitable care has developed in the following areas:
• 24 hour in-home care services
• In clinics and hospitals
• In dispensaries and mobile care units
• In centers for the chronically ill and those convalescing
Their lives as missionaries are completely dedicated to helping others, their goa lis to make the Love of God present through its translation in concrete projects such as those of health services that are dignified, humane, professional, competent, compassionate and accessible to all ill people who visit the Dispensario Médico “Nuestra Señora de la Salud” in search of aid, without taking into account their race, sex, age, religion or economic status. The mission is possible thanks to the assistance of people and institutions which are willing to channel their help to the needy through la Congregación Religiosa Siervas de María, Ministras de los Enfermos.
MEDICAL DISPENSARY: In the mornings there are 8 pediatricians serving approximately 140 children daily. In the afternoons there are 8 other doctors attending approximately 80 adults daily.
Medical services are provided in the following specialties: Pediatrics, Dermatology, Cardiology – Electro-Cardiogram, General Medicine, Gynecology, Pap Smear and Pneumology.
The cost is RD$100/visit.
LABORATORY: They offer free laboratory services to Dispensary patients.
PHARMACY: They offer free medicine to Dispensary Patients.
DIAGNOSTICS: They off sonograms, electro-cardiograms and other diagnostic tests.
NURSING: They have on-site nursing services, through which they offer respiratory therapy, cures, vaccinations, among other services. In addition, they will visit non-ambulatory patients in their homes or in other medical centers.
SUPPLEMENTARY NUTRITION PROGRAM: When necessary, the Siervas de Maria provide food and other necessities to over 100 elderly patients.