International Women’s Club, Inc. (IWC)
- Legal Name: International Women’s Club, Inc.
- Acronym: IWC
- Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
- RNC/Tax ID No: 4-22-00008-1
- Geographic Areas: Distrito Nacional, Santo Domingo
- Theme Areas: Arts & Culture, Children and Youth, Education, Gender, Health
- Quantity and Type of Beneficiaries:
Approx. 150 members, who are English speaking women with international interests
Hilda Hernandez, President
Noemi Santos, Vicepresident
Lucy Marchese, Treasurer
Gaby Fierro, Secretary
Donna Llewellyn, Charities Director
Alejandra Fernandez, Activities Director
Maria Mercedes Molina, Fundraising Director
- Email: email@example.com;
Calle Las Laderas de Arroyo Hondo No. 4
Arroyo Hondo, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Website: http://iwcsantodomingo.org/
- Social Networks: Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
- Name: Hilda Hernandez
- Position: President
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Type of Organization: Non-Profit Organization
- International Affiliations:
- Years of Operation: 20
- Number of Employees: 0
- Number of Members: approx. 150
- Number of Volunteers:
- Sources of Funding:
Membership fees and dues
In-kind donations of goods (food, clothing, medicines, books. toys)
Special events / Gatherings of Hope
IWC website and Spotlight
- Total Income: RD$3,595,835 (2017)
- Total Expenses: RD$2,871,562 (2017)
The mission of the IWC is to strengthen the bonds of friendship among women of all nationalities, while contributing to the host community at large. The IWC does this by: 1) providing a friendly meeting place for international women; 2) helping newcomers adapt to life in Santo Domingo, 3) aiding IWC members in expanding their knowledge and understanding of the Dominican Republic, and 4) investigating the needs of and providing assistance to the local community.
1) Monthly morning meetings with guest speakers on a variety of interesting topics, which provide opportunites to socialize and exchange information.
2) Volunteer work with local charities, including the IWC Scholarship Fund.
3) Promulgation of the Spotlight the IWC’s monthly newsletter.
4) Various social activities and club events.
5) Raising and donating of funds to Dominican non-profit organizations operating in the fields of education and health.